All of our scented candles are lovingly made to provide you with hours of fragrant bliss. To keep them looking and working best (and safely), follow our tips to enjoy a purer scent experience and maintain their high quality for longer. Caring for your GC Candle is important to us...
1. Light your candle in a well-ventilated room, away from draughts or fans, which can cause sooting or rapid, uneven burning.
2. When lighting your GC Candle Co candle for the first time, keep it lit until all the wax has melted across the entire surface to the sides of the glassware. Burning for less time can cause the candle to 'tunnel', which leaves a build up of wax around the vessel's sides.
(Never leave your candle unattended or burning for more than 4 hours)
3. Trim the wick to 5 mm before each burn. This will promote an even burn, steady flame and will help limit sooting or "mushrooming" of wick.
4. If soot forms on the inside of your glassware, simply extinguish your candle and wait for it to cool. Then wipe with a clean damp cloth or paper towel. Trim the wick and relight.
5. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
6. Always extinguish your candle with a snuffer, or dip the wick into melted wax. Do not blow out the flame.
7. Eliminate draughts from your environment where possible. Draughts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, increased smoking and diminish scent throw.
8. If your candle begins to smoke, flicker or the candle flame becomes too high; extinguish your candle at once. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let your candle cool, trim the wick, then check for draughts before re-lighting.
9. Maximise your scent throw by keeping windows and doors closed. For maximum fragrance keep your environment closed up, light your candle and burn in desired space for 30 mins before entering.
10. Always store your GC Candle Co Candle in a cool and dry place.
11. Avoid placing your candle where it will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights. Exposure to these may cause discolouration of your candle.
12. Make sure you stop burning your candle when approx. 7mm of wax remains at the bottom, keeping an eye on a burning candle when the wax is low.